Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My 2018 tax transcript says “examination of tax return”

8CA2BE40-4C8B-4333-8319-D7E4E258B873.jpeg

Is this because we have claimed the earned income you think I have a processing date of 02/21/2022??? And I'm getting the path message

Mines been like that since the 4th of February I wonder what's going on. Will we get our refund on the processing date? 

I have no idea i mean its possible ive had the same dependents my kids since  they were born nothings changed except i had unemployment and i used the lookback they also owe me from the 10200 ui tax break so im not really sure i cant log on rite now to see processing date 

I got the same exact codes 

766,766,768 on 04/15/22 Then 810,811,971  on 02/21/22 then 424 was on 2/21/22 but now disappeared and it now says 420 for 02/04/22. Wmr states the path act and should have refund by the first week in March. Called advocate we I’m in middle of closing for a house which is expecting my tax refund to show I have a savings and moving money or the underwriter can deny the whole deal . So I finally was able to talk to an agent and told them of my horror story the last two years of waiting months and months for our refunds . She said a notice was sent 02/04/22 my refund was accepted 02/01/22 . I asked her if she knew what the notice was  and so she looked up a sample letter after a couple times saying it prolly had to do with the path act and the. Notice is prolly asking for proof of eic and ctc . Should I be worried this turned into a audit and that I’ll be waiting months for my refund ? I can’t afford not to get my taxes back my the beginning of March :( the agent referred me the advocate bc of my situation but I’m praying this won’t be a complication :( This is for the 2021 tax year ! 

Pod112184

Mine is very similar I wonder what’s going on 

I also have the same codes with dates 2/4/2022 code 420 & codes 810, 811, 971… with a processing date of 2/21/2022! What is going on? If anyone gets any updates, please let me know! I am So glad I found this feed! I filed 1/21 accepted 1/24. I’m also displaying the PATH message on wmr. Let me know if any updates! Thanks!

My transcript looks EXACTLY like this with 810, 811, 971, and 420 as the last code on my transcript.

Did u get a code stating notice sent ? Same happened to me first it had 424 the. It had a 810 then 811 then it went to a code that said notice sent. It changed ti dropping the 424 keeping the next 3 codes (810,811,notice sent),then it went ti 420 examination . All I do know is I wish this notice they supposedly sent on 02/04/22 would hurry up and show up so I can know where I stand one and two I can send in whatever they want so I can this money so I can stop stressing about the closing on my house falling through etc :(

All I know is a notice was supposedly sent on 02/04/22 according to the irs phone rep I spoke to however Notice sent stated the date 2/21/22 . I was told the notice is basically stating they want me to prove my eic is correct which I have everything will want if that is truly what the letter is stating so I’m trying not to freak out till this letter gets here but I can’t wait a year or even months I need this money now and tax advocates are taking about 2 weeks:( 

I think it will be okay. We won’t know right away. I’m following some groups on fb and someone else has the exact same issue as us. Exact codes & everything. Only difference is, she updates today (after 1/14) so I’m hoping she will give me some insight into this whole situation. I think the irs is doing this if you have a new eic or ctc. I had a baby last year, so I’m thinking that’s it. Who knows for sure, but hopefully some answers soon!

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

Exactly.  The IRS clearly explains that the earned income tax credit (EITC) and/or advance child tax credit (ACTC) will delay any tax return while they match advance payments and the allowable credits on the tax return.  This in essence would be an internal examination before release.  See the IRS link below.

@sarafaye

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Noseynancy95
Returning Member

It was a tax audit 

Noseynancy95
Returning Member

Definitely an audit that’s exactly how mine looked

Noseynancy95
Returning Member

Mine was an audit 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies