Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My 2018 tax transcript says “examination of tax return”

I have a as of date of 03/07 but my processing date is 02/21 but I have a DDD for the 24th only foe taxes I paid in? I'm so confused 

I don’t even have a date for none of my taxes they holding the whole thing I’m so pissed right now 

The same for me . They not releasing any of mines either

I got an 846 under my 420 just wat i paid in tho no eic

I’m hoping I can at least get that part until they finish with the review 

Keishy001

What exactly does this mean 

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

This means that the return has been selected for manual processing/review by an IRS agent.  You should get a letter from the IRS that will provide additional information before too long.  This can happen for any number of reasons, or no reason at all (random selection.) 

@Keishy001

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Keishy001

So the 420 code means I’m being audited? I really need answers I am stressed out, I had a freeze, unfreeze, 971, 420, but I was issued what I paid in, that’s all! I’m so confused.

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

It's not necessarily an "audit" - a review can mean many things.  Sometimes it's as simple as a missing piece of information that you can provide once you get the letter.  Mainly, it just means a human has to get involved in some part of the processing of the return.  Lately, the most common reason for this (though it may not apply in your case) is if Economic Impact Payment (stimulus) or advanced child credit amounts entered on the return don't match the records the IRS has.  

Until you get the letter, which hopefully will be soon, it's next to impossible to know for sure what is holding things up or what your next step may need to be.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Ya according to irs agent my notice was sent in 02/04/2022 but transcript says examination 420 code on 02/04/22 and notice sent says 02/21/22 so I’m assuming either that is the date it will arrive or estimated date or they mail it that day idk but I haven’t gotten the notice but I faxed everything they would want in and printed out the different eic and ctc and hoh filing papers that tell u what documents to send and ur supposed to send with documents. I also made up a response form that u copied from my ex who had the same letter they sent me this year but he got his notice for 2020 and i had his notice and was able to go from there ! 

I was told by the irs agent I spoke to that is was a cp75 form asking for proof of eic hoh ctc recovery rebate etc . So I sent them 55 pages of documents through fax supposedly u can send it online and it would be faster but I haven’t figured it out yet 

U should have waited for your notice because you have to put a reference number on each page u send its probably just gonna get lost and your gonna have to resend everything again

Online up load tool is irs.gov/examreply

fsteele22
Returning Member

Why is there an AS OF date of March 7? I dont understand why the freeze was released if they still didn't receive all the Information and nobody on this thread has answered that question. My Taxes show the same thing and we are in the same boat trying to close on a house.  @Kslajgirlz79  @SusanY1 

They only releases the part you earn and they holding the credit part of your refund like EIC or HOH 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies