Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My 2018 tax transcript says “examination of tax return”

How long did it take I have a processing date of 02/22/2021 and this is the first year I've claimed the earned income credit?? 

Noseynancy95
Returning Member

EVERYONE for me it ended up being an audit. If anyone was wondering 

Same I have never received a notice and we may never see one if it can be fixed internally. 

Yes, I understand. But, what happens next? What will the process be? How long will it take? Did you have a refund freeze TC 810 & then Removed refund freeze TC 811 as well on your transcript? I figure that if I’m being audited, then they would keep a refund freeze on my account… not release the refund freeze…?

@Noseynancy95 how long did the audit take? 

Noseynancy95
Returning Member

I actually didn’t even get a notice at all. Until they closed it months and months later. So I had to do Audit reconsideration. They blamed Covid , and also if it does resolved itself I’m sure it will update on your transcripts. The IRS is so stressful

@Noseynancy95  Did it affect when you got your refund? Or did it delay you getting your refund?

@sarafaye yes I have the code 810 and 811 removing the refund freeze so I'm confused as to why I have code 420 I'm waiting for code 421 which is a reversed code 420 and code 846 

Noseynancy95
Returning Member

It absolutely did , I didn’t get my refund until way later. Last year no audit but because I was audited once, it took FOREVER. I just got last years last month. Im over the IRS & am in no rush to file and deal with their BS 

Noseynancy95
Returning Member

It takes however long the decide to take. In this case they didn’t even update me on anything , I called over and over then March 2021 I seen my transcript changed to examination closed and they took all my money. So I had to do audit reconsideration. 

Noseynancy95
Returning Member

Yes I had both when they audited me for both 2017 & 2018 outta no where 

@Jfrazier30 , I am waiting for the exact same update as you. Whatever is needed to remove the audit code 420. I literally have the most basic tax return, other than my eitc & ctc, dependent care credit, and I had a baby in 2021… but every single thing on my tax return is 100% legitimate. This is so frustrating! So it has to be one of those things that’s holding me up. I just wish they’d send me some type of correspondence, so I know what’s going on & can help them fix it! Uggghhh.

• What did ur notice say ? Did you have to send anything to verify your eic ctc etc ?  If so what did u have to send ? How long did they take to get u ur refund ? Or are u still waiting ? My refund was m my

This is complete Bullcrap it happened to my ex last year and bc of the shut down and it took till like September to get his full amount . They did send the portion not eic etc 

I’m guessing this for everyone who filed a new baby on there income taxes cause I got the same codes and I filed my grandson who was born last year I’m praying so cause we need our money 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies