turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Letter and refund

I received a letter after I had filed about 2 weeks earlier that I failed to reconcile my premium tax cresit and needed to swnd in both my 1095a and my 8962 or whatever foem so I did both about 2 weeks ago has anyone else had to do this post filing and has anyone seen a refund yet??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Letter and refund

others have posted about not completing the 8962 from the 1095A.  the IRS requests that the taxpayer complete 8962.  they don't need a blank form.  

so if you sent in a blank 8962 expect further delays in your refund.   failure to include it will delay the refund until the IRS gets the form and can now manually process it  

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Letter and refund

others have posted about not completing the 8962 from the 1095A.  the IRS requests that the taxpayer complete 8962.  they don't need a blank form.  

so if you sent in a blank 8962 expect further delays in your refund.   failure to include it will delay the refund until the IRS gets the form and can now manually process it  

Letter and refund

I did complete the form. But if the numbers changed a bit I assume it will take konger. In getting impatient. I need my refund badly!

JohnW222
Expert Alumni

Letter and refund

The IRS's general timetable is to get you your refund within six to eight weeks of receiving your response.  This is simply the goal; you may receive your refund earlier or later.

The request for Form 8962 and Form 1095-A is usually sent to taxpayers on the IRS's 12C Letter. 
According to the IRS's Understanding Your Letter 12C page,

When we receive the requested information, we’ll use it to process your original tax return.  If you’re due a refund, we’ll send it about 6-8 weeks after we receive your response.

If you’re in severe financial difficulties, you might consider contacting the IRS’s Taxpayer Advocate office.  They may or may not be able to help you – there are restrictions – but it’s an option worth looking at if you’re experiencing financial difficulties.

Please see the IRS’s Local Taxpayer Advocate page for more information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies