Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received my letter 6475 for the 3rd EIP payment that was sent to my bank account. Where am I supposed to enter it?

I was asked on the forms to enter what I received as a child care tax. I am single, I received a payment not child care tax. WHERE do I enter that?  The review sent me to a line called child care tax.  What am I supposed to do.  The letter was for EIP3.  It wanted me to enter it under Child Care tax after I stated I received the letter YES to 6475.  I reviewed everything by looking at the FORMS and it appears the amount was already entered when I answered YES.  I did not enter anything in the child tax credit line as TurboTax review suggested and brought me to.  Now that I skipped that, the review has not queried me again on that topic.  I just want to make sure that I was not supposed to enter that figure as child care tax.  It IS already entered in the EIP3 line.  Perhaps it is a small quirk in turbo tax.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DanaB27
Expert Alumni

I received my letter 6475 for the 3rd EIP payment that was sent to my bank account. Where am I supposed to enter it?

Yes,  if you answered yes that you received the full third stimulus payment and it shows on the form then you are good to go.

Yes, if you did not receive any advanced payments for the Child Tax Credit then do not enter an amount or enter $0. Please be aware, everybody is asked about the advanced payments for the Child Tax Credit since there are cases where parents received the advanced payments but don't claim their child in 2021.

To get to the Recovery Rebate Credit question in TurboTax, please follow these steps:

1. After entering all your information click "Search" at the top right and type "Stimulus".
  2.  Follow the jump to link (if you do not qualify for the Recovery Rebate Credit the stimulus questions will not come up). 
  3. On the screen "Let's double-check the amount you received" you will be asked about the amount of third stimulus payment you received. TurboTax will then calculate the amount of stimulus payment remaining that you are still entitled to get. 
  4. Any stimulus amount remaining due to you will show as The Recovery Rebate Credit on line 30 of Form 1040.

Please see What are the eligibility rules for the Recovery Rebate Credit? for additional information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DanaB27
Expert Alumni

Yes,  if you answered yes that you received the full third stimulus payment and it shows on the form then you are good to go.

Yes, if you did not receive any advanced payments for the Child Tax Credit then do not enter an amount or enter $0. Please be aware, everybody is asked about the advanced payments for the Child Tax Credit since there are cases where parents received the advanced payments but don't claim their child in 2021.

To get to the Recovery Rebate Credit question in TurboTax, please follow these steps:

1. After entering all your information click "Search" at the top right and type "Stimulus".
  2.  Follow the jump to link (if you do not qualify for the Recovery Rebate Credit the stimulus questions will not come up). 
  3. On the screen "Let's double-check the amount you received" you will be asked about the amount of third stimulus payment you received. TurboTax will then calculate the amount of stimulus payment remaining that you are still entitled to get. 
  4. Any stimulus amount remaining due to you will show as The Recovery Rebate Credit on line 30 of Form 1040.

Please see What are the eligibility rules for the Recovery Rebate Credit? for additional information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you!  It did answer my question and explained the difference!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies