Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How should I reply to the question: "Which vehicle did you track in QuickBooks Self-Employed for your Rideshare driving work?" Both choices shown are "undefined".

I own and use only 1 vehicle.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

How should I reply to the question: "Which vehicle did you track in QuickBooks Self-Employed for your Rideshare driving work?" Both choices shown are "undefined".

It depends. It sounds like you may have imported your Quick Books into your Turbo Tax return. At this point, you may need to review your self-employment expenses and edit your vehicle information.  If there are two cars listed as business vehicles in the vehicle summary page, you will need to delete the vehicle that doesn't belong by selecting the trash can icon to the right of it.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you for replying, but as I think I stated in my original question: I only own and use 1 single vehicle.  That's what makes the duplicate "undefined" listing such a puzzler.  The system seems to think I still have a second vehicle; I did own an earlier MKZ Hybrid, but that one was totaled and taken out of service during 2019.  It no longer appears in my QBSE.

Even though you took the MKZ Hybrid out of service in 2019, it seems that QBSE or TurboTax still retained it as an undefined vehicle.  Is there an entry with a wastebasket that you can just delete?  

@gjendras

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies