Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jtcifor

Have a foreign address and marked as such in personal information. In final step system says missing state and zip code which are not relevant to me. what to do???

Should I not e-file???
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Have a foreign address and marked as such in personal information. In final step system says missing state and zip code which are not relevant to me. what to do???

We recommend that you print, sign, and mail your return if you're unable to successfully e-file after three attempts. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

We recommend that you print, sign, and mail your return if you're unable to successfully e-file after three attempts. 

hangulman
Returning Member

Don't listen to Cheryl.  I know if you wanted to mail it, you wouldn't have bothered paying with TurboTax and would have done it yourself. Anyway, the mail option is behind the glitch wall. 

Instead, this is the way to get around the "missing state and zip" glitch. The problem comes from when using a US-based institution card's address for payment and before the MAX consent check.  To get around that, following  I:

1) changed my foreign address to the address of the billing address for the card I used,

2)  made it past the MAX glitch state and zipcode check to sign the consent form

3) at the final "check your information" page I went back to the beginning and deleted my US address

4)  Selected "Foreign address" again and filled that out with my true and original address

5) checked the rest of my information and filed my taxes.

6)  bookmarked this solution for next year when I forget TurboTax can't be bothered to fix the glitch.

wmut

You're awesome! Thanks for that, it was driving me nuts!!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies