Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

Energy Efficient Home Improvement Credit

I do understand that and I do see that, however, when we send things up the line, they want actual customer diagnostic copies, not our "dummy returns" that we use for answering questions or following along with what customers are saying. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

why would anyone fully file a return if your product is deficient in form 5695? I would and am waiting for your resolution to the form prior to purchase and tax filing submission.

Vanessa, the token is 1177710. Thanks, Edwin

Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

@ehshoaf49 This is an issue that TurboTax has now verified and is working on.  Here is a link to sign up for notifications for when the issue is resolved. 

Many thanks! I look forward to Turbo Tax providing the resolution.

PatY
Level 2

I have signed up for updates and all I get (often) are messages that say you are working on it. 

Have been waiting for an updated form to file since mid-January. Now I can't find the original string that I started about this same issue.

wokimi

Turbotax tells me that an energy efficient gas furnace should qualify for the energy credit, but the questionnaire only shows things like water heaters, ac units and boilers.  

Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

The Energy efficient Gas furnace goes under water boilers (natural gas, propane or oil water).

PatY
Level 2

I believe the issue is fixed. Next time you turn on Turbotax, do the update. Then when you get to the question about qualified central air conditioners answer "yes".  Answer yes to the next two questions. Next page, go down to "Heat pumps (electric or natural gas} and enter the amount you paid. On next page enter the address of the home you installed the heat pump. Next page answer if you had any carryover.  Then you will see your credit of $2000 which is the max you can get, unless you paid less than that of course.

PatY: the process shows the $2,000 tax credit, and it also is reflected in Schedule 3, then on the 1040. However, going further in the Tax Prep, it does not show in the list of Deductions and Credits.

Clicking on "Where are my other credits?" implies that anything not listed was not allowed.

PatY
Level 2

Perhaps when Turbotax fixed the issue they forgot about updating this page. The credit is not listed but is reflected in the total, at least it is in mine.

I hate to assume but since it is reflected on my 1040 as it is with you, I feel everything is in order. 

Defilade

As of Mar 23rd this feature still isn't working, what is the deal?

@Defilade wrote:

As of Mar 23rd this feature still isn't working, what is the deal?

Which feature in the Home Energy Credit section of the program using a Form 5695 are you referring to?

Have you updated your software?

Click on Online at the top of the desktop program screen.  Click on Check for Updates

Defilade

I've updated 3 times and still does not calculate the the tax credits, I know how to hit the update button.

The correct form shows up in my forms but it is not calculated in the total on my tax bill. I've used TT and intuit for probably 20 years, this might be the last time because of at least a 2K tax credit not showing up and I can't even manually add it in.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies