Re: Due to Covid, my wife and I are working from h...

Due to Covid, my wife and I are working from home permanently. Should we itemize deductions?

Can we write off, 2 rooms as offices, a percentage of heat, electricity, etc...?

If you are both employees and receive a W-2 from your employers, you cannot deduct any employee business expenses on a federal tax return due to the tax code changes in effect for tax years 2018 thru 2025.

That is what I have been reading, but just wanted to make sure. There was some reference to tax changes as part of the next Stimulus Package. Thank you

Although it's not allowed on the federal returns some states do allow the deduction, so check with your state.