Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member


my family and myself liven Washington state but I work for the union and live in Oregon during the work week can I write off my rental in Oregon if so were do I do this also I have to pay state income tax in Oregon but do not reside there can I get that back

1 Reply
Expert Alumni


If you spent more than 31 days in Oregon and/or had a residence in Oregon (your rental) you are a part-year  resident and would need to file that way for Oregon if your Oregon Gross income is more than 4,545.

Since you are an employee, none of your employee expenses are deductible. That was eliminated starting with the 2018 tax year return because of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. Only Self-Employed taxpayers can claim those types of expenses. 


Residence for Oregon

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"