Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Deductible Home Mortgage Interest Worksheet

I got an email yesterday right after I got off the phone marking my case as closed despite being told it was being escalated for resolution and a promise to be contacted once it was resolve at some unknown time in the future. I'm done with intuit forever. 

I'm on the phone with TurboTax right now. The person on the phone was no idea. This is ridiculous. I don't want to wait any longer. I have to file by February 28th or I will lose the discounted rate I already paid for. 

Someone please help us!

Where or is the new forum post we should start posting to since this one is closed?  What do I search for?

@hound562 wrote:

I'm on the phone with TurboTax right now. The person on the phone was no idea. This is ridiculous. I don't want to wait any longer. I have to file by February 28th or I will lose the discounted rate I already paid for. 

Someone please help us!

Can't help with the worksheet but if you have already paid for the TurboTax online account you are currently using then you are locked into the price.  You will not be charged more after the price increase on March 1.

I just got on this community as well to help find an answer.

Here is that new post: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-credits-deductions/discussion/still-get[product key removed]ti...

Thanks hopefully the price doesn't go up. I called and they said my price shouldn't go up but I can call again if that isn't the case.

So I just wrapped up the call with TurboTax customer service and they said this is a system error and it has been escalated. They are targeting a fix before February 28th. They said I would get an email when this has been truly resolved. Really frustrating it's taking so long!

joeslosh
Returning Member

I tried to add the two new 1098's together as suggested and the same fault happened. To restate: I only have two reported 1098's; 1. the original loan and 2. the combination of the new refinanced loans. The exact same fault happened. Is there a step I am missing or another solution?

joeslosh
Returning Member

I tried the suggestion and it didn't work. Is there an actual solution?

Looks like Turbo tax doesn't care about losing business. As now days, there are a lot of competition. Free online filing software that's less complicated. Noticed less input on the other companies.  FREETAXUSA  the best. 

I just got this email from TurboTax:

Hello,

Thanks for letting us know about your issue with your filing your tax return . We apologize for any inconvenience this caused.

We appreciate your patience while we looked into your issue. After investigating the issue, we found that this is Not a Product Defect. Please go back in and continue to file your tax return.

If you’re still having trouble or there’s something else we can help you with, feel free to give us a call.

Thank you,

The TurboTax Help Team

UNBELIEVABLE!!! Suddenly this is no longer an issue. I hope this was just some irresponsible autoresponder. 

Any luck with the LinkedIn and Twitter thing @Max_Tax_Guy

WOW.. unbelievable..  H&R block. FreeTaxUsa.. better option. Wasted $$$ on Turbo tax software.. It's been a bad year for them.. This isn't the only issue they been having. Hope somehow this gets the the CFO of the company.. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

So we can't file?  I Sold one home and purchased another.  Does this mean I am at the mercy of the IRS to finalize this form before I can efile my taxes??  Seems odd when I go on the IRS website the form is there and dated 2021.

conner5

It is February 19, 2022 and the Deductible Home Mortgage Interest Worksheet is still not available. I need to submit so I can get my refunds.

it's not the IRS.. it's Turbo Tax that has issues.. You can try using FreeTaxUSA.. it worked for me. 

I'm having the same issue. I had my taxes done and ready to file almost a month ago, now I'm stuck because of this ridiculous error,, its really frustrating and if not resolved by TT I'm definitely switching over to another platform. TT sucks.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies