Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Deductible Home Mortgage Interest Worksheet

This is getting so ridiculous, so I just spent an hour doing the math myself.  I have all the necessary numbers, but the Turbo tax system won't even let me enter in my numbers.  It is still forcing me to enter 1098s.  So it is making it impossible for me to file.  I will be calling to request a refund (I already paid the filing fees!) and using a different platform.  There is ZERO reason we should be waiting until late February for such a common form.  This isn't even a niche issue.

Getting your money back is one thing, your most precious resource…time…you can never get a refund on. 

This is the same thing happening to me.  What is the solution to show that one mortgage is no longer active (paid off) and the new mortgage is the only one outstanding?

Do we simply have to wait for this form to be "available"? And if so, when will this happen?  This is maddening.

The plot thickens.  Just spoke to a very nice and helpful customer service agent.  She said the form is showing as available on their end, but when they click on the link it isn't working for them either.  She recommended waiting 24 hours to see if it just needs to be uploaded by Turbo Tax.  If not, she said to call back and they would be happy to refund my fees so I can use another site.  Frustrating, but it's a little information I guess

This is ridiculous. Here it is the 18th and I am still getting this message. Even worse it's a Federal Worksheet, but I have already FILED my FEDERAL RETURNS and they were accepted. This worksheet is holding up my CALIFORNIA STATE RETURN!!

Funny thing is, they can't refund fees over the phone. They will ask you to submit a request online and they will simply close the ticket without any indication of if you have been refunded or not. 

I had an agent call me and we were working on some errors and they asked me to submit payment (found out later we didn't need to do that) and I submitted a request for refund, it was just closed with no reply.

This is really horrible user experience. I have been waiting to file for weeks. 

It's also unclear what happens if you sold a home (with principal loan amount < 750k) and bought another home (with principal loan amount> 750k) and thus have two 1098s -- if there was a gap of a few months between selling and buying, how does the math work out for how much mortgage interest can actually be deducted?

I'm pitching in to this conversation because I have the same problem with the Deductible Home Mortgage Interest Worksheet with limited interest not being available. I chose to wait it out, and here we are, it's February 18th, and it still says the same thing, that the worksheet will be available by the 17th.

I'm also worried because I have 4 mortgages, 3 for my main home, because I refinanced, and then the refi loan was sold a couple of months later, and then I purchased a vacation home. When I look at the preview of the worksheet, it shows two mortgages, but the number entered on the worksheet for the first mortgage doesn't appear to match the total interest from the three 1098s for my main home. So I'm hoping that whenever the worksheet is release, that will be resolved. I did notice the loan balance listed on my original and refi for Outstanding Balance in box two were different. One was rounded to the nearest dollar, and the other had 9 cents entered. I'm wondering if that could be why not all three show up in the worksheet for that loan. I'd worry if they don't match exactly that it could trigger an audit.

For those saying you are using a different service this year, which are you using? I've been using TurboTax for 10 years. I was considering working with an actual accountant this year, due to the complex situation, but after receiving all my forms, it didn't seem too complex after all.

Im using taxact right now. Waiting on call to confirm numbers right and a question of grandfather debt with multiple refi, plus second home. Once all clear will submit today finally.  Also long time TT, but over this. Same issues last year

new user2
Returning Member

It just passed the error and I am able to e-file successfully 2 mins ago.

It is still not working for me unfortunately.

I refinanced my mortgage last year and am running into the same error message as everyone. I had an original loan and a heloc.  I waited to file until today because I understood the form would be corrected.  From the above comments it sounds like it may never be correct.   I am concerned that I'm wasting time waiting when it will never be resolved and I should be using another tax service. What is going on?

@CarissaM any update on this?

I've had my taxes ready to go for a month now. This is getting ridiculous. The initial messaging in the app makes it seem as though we are waiting on the IRS. Is this a defect or enhancement in the product?

Let us know if we need to move to another product. This is not acceptable by any stretch of the imagination.

When can I file my taxes with your product?

Please tag appropriate Intuit folks if I did not tag the correct person.

I'm running into the same issue. Already paid for the product but ended up getting stuck on the final step before filing. Was waiting for 2/17 to complete filing, but it's 2/18 and there are no updates on why the correct form still isn't available.

You really should not ask for payment until they've cleared the final review. Now I feel stuck. The lack of communication here is very disappointing.

Tried calling support and it's an 1hr+ wait to talk to a live person and random disconnects.

Also, you should unmark this thread as "SOLVED" because it clearly has not been yet, and the proposed workaround solution is limited and problematic.

It is now after February 17th, but I'm still getting the "Deductible Home Mortgage Interest Wks: This form has not been finalized" error message.  I have two separate mortgages, one with three different lenders (that changed during the year), for a total of four 1098 forms.  This is the only remaining task I have to file my taxes.  Does anyone have an insights on when this form will be finalized?  Thank you! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies