Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Charitable Contribution Error on California CA(540) and 540

Literally just waiting for my CA return to be rejected again at this point. 

Same here, I've contacted TT live support twice, once I was told that the issue should be resolved by today which it wasn't then the second time I was sent this thread, but this solution is for the software version of TT, and I'm using the online version. This is truly frustrating, especially because I haven't received any updates from TT.

Definitely missed the part of this being about the software version. I'm using the online version as well.

Patrick PS
Returning Member

I had this issue occur with the state of KY as well.

Anytime I try to comb over my state return all I get is: "ACTION NEEDED: Important Information About Your California Tax Return Your California tax return wasn't e-filed because of an issue in the return. But hang on, we're here to help you fix what went wrong and get the return filed. What do I do now? If you're using a CD or downloaded version of TurboTax: -On or after February 17th, update TurboTax (visit our Support Site if you need help updating) -Go back through your California return from the beginning -Make any corrections if prompted -E-file your return (you won't be charged for e-filing) If you're using the online version: -On or after February 17th, log into your TurboTax Online account -Go back through your California return from the beginning -Make any corrections if prompted -E-file your return (you won't be charged) We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for using TurboTax!"

I did exactly what was underlined, I went over my state return and was not prompted to change anything, TT keeps combing over my return saying everything looks good, but when I move forward to e-file my state return I keep getting the same fix/revisit tab. I can go over the state return 10 more times, but it won't fix the bug in the TT webpage, and I'm just going to keep going in loops. at least those who downloaded the software or got the CD version received an extension update that took care of the issue, but those of us who filed online are just left wondering what to do next.

chne1285
Returning Member

same thing happened to me. I needed to delete charitable contribution in the fed income tax and today my CA state tax was approved. 

Did you need to amend your federal taxes? My federal got accepted, but my state got rejected.

chne1285
Returning Member

I did amended my charitable contribution on my fed tax to zero. I lost about 20 bucks. 

tyler_delorenzo1
Returning Member

Amend and file an amended are two entirely different things...

You can change your original federal tax sheet online and it will automatically change the state and you can refile, I did it and it went through right away!!

You can change your original federal tax sheet online and it will automatically change the state and you can refile, I did it and it went through right away!!

I tried to go back and 0 my California Charitable Contribution on the Federal side, but for some reason it did not go through it says that I have already filed and cannot file again. I then re-added the contribution that I had just removed and tried to file again and got the same "Your transmission did not go through" message, I'm not sure what I am doing wrong, but I'll have to contact TT live again, hopefully they have a solution by now.

I just got off the phone with TT Live and they said that you need log off completely from your account, log back in tomorrow and go over all of your state return again, make any changes if prompted, and that it should work by then to re-file the rejected California state return (assuming your federal got accepted). TT Live said that this was an issue with California's state e-filing system, not with TT. I don't know much about those issues, but that is what they told me, and that is what I'm going to try tomorrow.

Patrick PS
Returning Member

From what I've read, it doesn't appear that there is a fix at this moment. Your best bet is to file by mail. I know it is frustrating. Though, before you do, if you're a LIVE customer, have a tax expert see if they can help you file with the line-by-line review service that the product offers. LIVE is a free upgrade for basic filers at this time. If they are unable to help you send your E-File successfully, then TurboTax would happily refund your product. I'm sorry that you are encountering this problem.

I have TT Self Employed LIVE and they went over my return line by line, they told me that I did not make any errors, so I'm going to try again tomorrow, if it still does not work by then I will go ahead and mail it in. Thank you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies