Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Doug Maier
Returning Member

Can I speak to a cpa

I HAVE SWVERAL QUESTIONS

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
DanaB27
Expert Alumni

Can I speak to a cpa

Yes, if you use TurboTax online then you can upgrade to TurboTax Live to get help from a CPA or EA.

What is TurboTax Live?

TurboTax Live is an online product that lets you get help and guidance from a CPA or EA when preparing your taxes. When you use TurboTax Live, you can work with a tax pro whenever you need assistance. You can even talk to a tax expert live while you both look at your return.

All TurboTax Live products provide:

• Help from a CPA or EA when you have questions about your return.
  • A Final or Expert Review of your return by an expert before filing, at your request. A tax expert can even sign your return.
    • Live Review: Using SmartLook (one-way video where you can see the tax expert on your screen; they can’t see you) or by phone. You can ask about a specific topic or section or get a review of your entire return.
    • Offline Review: Submit your questions and the tax expert will give a detailed answer by message within 24 hours.

100% Accurate Expert Approved Guarantee

We want you to feel 100% confident when you file so we offer the following guarantee: if you pay an IRS or state penalty (or interest) because of an error that a TurboTax CPA, EA, or Tax Attorney made while providing topic-specific tax advice, a section review, or acting as a signed preparer for your return, we'll pay you the penalty and interest.

Our TurboTax Live products include:

• TurboTax Live Basic
  • TurboTax Live Deluxe
  • TurboTax Live Premier
  • TurboTax Live Self-Employed

Want to get TurboTax Live?

We can help you start filing your taxes with TurboTax Live or upgrade taxes you've already started to take advantage of TurboTax Live.

Have TurboTax Live and want to contact a tax expert?

It's easy. Find out how to talk to a tax expert through TurboTax Live.

TurboTax Live on a mobile phone or device

You get all the great features of TurboTax Live when using your mobile phone or device.

Note: TurboTax Live is available for TurboTax Online customers only. TurboTax Live isn't available in the TurboTax CD/Download software.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Can I speak to a cpa

My husband and I did not file 2019 taxes or this year. My husband is off from work because of shut/down

Our CPA who usually comes to our home will not come because of Corona virus.

However, we do qualify for a stimulus check, regarding our income, and would like to apply for this now.

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

Can I speak to a cpa

The IRS is processing stimulus payments off of 2019 returns, but will defer to 2018 if you have not yet filed for the current tax year. These payments are processed automatically and cannot be applied for.

The IRS has created a Get My Payment portal to track the progress of these payments for taxpayers and allow you to update your information.

IRS Economic Impact Payments

If you would still like to receive assistance with your 2019 return, you may use TurboTax Live.

Connect to a Live Expert

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Cookelai

Can I speak to a cpa

Paid for services per my 2022 taxes done by turbo tax - wish to speak to a cpa.  please call me at [phone number removed].

Thanks Elaine  Cook 

Can I speak to a cpa

@Cookelai wrote:

Paid for services per my 2022 taxes done by turbo tax - wish to speak to a cpa.  please call me at [phone number removed].

Thanks Elaine  Cook 

See this TurboTax support FAQ for how to contact a Tax Expert if you were using one of the TurboTax online Live editions for tax year 2022.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/product-setup/connect-tax-expert-turbota...

To access your current year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2022 online tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies