Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2021 Cash Donations imported from It's Deductable do not carry forward to 1040 line 12b

I am working on 2021 version current as of 01/23/2022.

I entered property and cash donations to It's Deductible.

I then imported those donations to TurboTax successfully.

My return currently elects the Standard Deduction--which is correctly computed.

However, there is no amount carried forward to form 1040 line 12b, Charitable contributions if you use the Standard Deduction.

Why are my cash donations not carried forward to line 12b?  I am hoping it is not because those donations were made by credit card?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC
Expert Alumni

2021 Cash Donations imported from It's Deductable do not carry forward to 1040 line 12b

Credit cards donations are fine.   You just have to click through a few more screens to get your deduction to show up on Line 12b.   Right now, TurboTax does not know if you are taking the standard deduction or if you are itemizing deductions.   To clear this up in TurboTax and get your deduction recorded on your tax return, do the following.  

1. Click on Personal Income at the top of the desktop software.   
  2. Then choose Deductions and Credits.   
  3. Pick I'll Choose What I Work On.
  4. Scroll all the way down and click on Done with Deductions.

You will get some follow-up finalizing questions before you see the message - The Standard Deduction is Right For You!   Continue clicking through those screens and your charitable contribution should then show up on line 12b of your Form 1040.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DawnC
Expert Alumni

Credit cards donations are fine.   You just have to click through a few more screens to get your deduction to show up on Line 12b.   Right now, TurboTax does not know if you are taking the standard deduction or if you are itemizing deductions.   To clear this up in TurboTax and get your deduction recorded on your tax return, do the following.  

1. Click on Personal Income at the top of the desktop software.   
  2. Then choose Deductions and Credits.   
  3. Pick I'll Choose What I Work On.
  4. Scroll all the way down and click on Done with Deductions.

You will get some follow-up finalizing questions before you see the message - The Standard Deduction is Right For You!   Continue clicking through those screens and your charitable contribution should then show up on line 12b of your Form 1040.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you.  That process does update line 12b.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies