Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1095-A and Form 8962. How long after I fax? Please he’ll

I have had this same issue the past 2 years now.   I mailed my back the 16 March and I’m still waiting.  Last year I waited about 5weeks after faxing

No glitch turbo tax don’t do the 8962 and they should considering how many people get Obama Carr

AmyC
Expert Alumni

@reoberholtzer  If you enter the 1095-A, the 8962 is automatically generated. New legislation was passed, IRS suspends requirement to repay excess advance premium tax credit.

If the adjustment caused you a refund, you would still get that. If you owed, you will no longer be required to pay.

When you entered the 1095-A, it would show if your refund increased or decreased.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

thanks

Msscott

Literally, I went through the exact thing!!!I'm waiting too!

sadly, this happens to me every single year. I have complained to Turbo Tax every year for the last 5 years. Still they have done nothing about it. This will be the last year I use Turbo Tax. Everyone I know has already received their refunds. Here I am another year waiting. 

You would think that if this is happening year after year for so many people, that TurboTax would fix the "GLITCH" . 

I was told the same thing when i called in. Its a glitch in the system. 

Been waiting since March 1st when I faxed form 8962 to the IRS. Still have not received my refund or any more info..

I been waiting 9 weeks to get my return after faxing form 8962 and 1095 -a   and turbo tax charged my account causing me overdraft fees.   Will not ever use turbo tax again. especially after they charged me for self employment and I was not self employed past year.    I hope i get my taxes this week. i filed in Feb. 

I filed in January. It’s also been 9 weeks for me, since facing in 8962 and 1095A. I’m hoping to have my refund soon. I called the IRS yesterday again. They told me they have received it. But they are working at only 50% capacity. TurboTax needs to do fix this error. It’s ridiculous the wait and that this form is left out every year. 

Turbo Tax a big disappointment in filing my 2019 returns.  Blamed IRS for not accepting electronically and yet IRS said it was Turbo Tax.  Turbo Tax failed to advise me about form 8962 and now after filing by mail SEVEN months ago...I have received a letter from IRS that they need form 8962! 

Any update? I’m currently going through the same thing. IRS excepted on 2/12 and I mailed my 8962 4/15. What number did you call to confirm they received it?

I still have not received my refund. I called the Advocates Line phone number. (It won’t let me post the number here. But you can Google it) They told me that they did receive the fax. But that the department that is handling Form 8962 is running at 50%. So it will be a little while longer. But could not give me any more info on it. 

Still waiting

marmar320

Hi are you still waiting for your tax return? I had the same issue and still waiting to receive mine.

Still waiting 

Did you have to fill out the form 8962 using 1095-A form before you faxed or sent by mail? I’m going through this right now as well.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies