Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

QBI deduction

Hello:

TT has entered a QBI deduction for me and I don't know why.  I do not have any of the forms mentioned in other posts.

Could you please tell me what topic/subtopic, etc in the Deduction and Credit section of TT I can find the info for QBI?  

Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC
Expert Alumni

QBI deduction

This deduction applies to Schedule C filers (sole proprietorships and other self-employed businesses), LLCs, partnerships, S corporations, estates, and trusts. Certain rental enterprises may also qualify. Corporations are not eligible.   If you do not have a business reported on your tax return, you probably have REIT dividends reported.   Form 1099-DIV with dividends marked in box 5 qualify for the QBI deduction.   K-1 entries also generate QBI deductions.    

Eligible taxpayers may be entitled to a deduction of up to 20 percent of their combined qualified real estate investment trust (REIT) dividends and qualified publicly traded partnership (PTP) income. This component of the section 199A deduction is not limited by W-2 wages or the UBIA of qualified property.

Do I qualify for the qualified business income deduction?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DawnC
Expert Alumni

QBI deduction

This deduction applies to Schedule C filers (sole proprietorships and other self-employed businesses), LLCs, partnerships, S corporations, estates, and trusts. Certain rental enterprises may also qualify. Corporations are not eligible.   If you do not have a business reported on your tax return, you probably have REIT dividends reported.   Form 1099-DIV with dividends marked in box 5 qualify for the QBI deduction.   K-1 entries also generate QBI deductions.    

Eligible taxpayers may be entitled to a deduction of up to 20 percent of their combined qualified real estate investment trust (REIT) dividends and qualified publicly traded partnership (PTP) income. This component of the section 199A deduction is not limited by W-2 wages or the UBIA of qualified property.

Do I qualify for the qualified business income deduction?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies