Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Not sure what to do about this? Deductible Home Mortgage Interest Wks: Your calculations could not be completed. Reference code: 7-532-468

Yes there is a still an issue with the Home Mortgage Interest Deduction.  However, TurboTax cannot move forward with finalizing the programming until the forms are finalized by the IRS.  TurboTax has to work in conjunction with the IRS in the tax law changes.  
The Fix should be soon because IRS is now able to focus on refunds soon.  The Stimulus program is well on the way.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
sheezy726
Returning Member

Not sure what to do about this? Deductible Home Mortgage Interest Wks: Your calculations could not be completed. Reference code: 7-532-468

Has this been fixed yet????  I'm trying to e-file and it will not let me move forward.  What is going on????

Looking at the thread this has been reported over a month ago.  What is the resolution path for this?

What do I need to do?  Just wait?

Give us instructions on how to follow up without being penalized by IRS.

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

You won't be penalized by the IRS because the IRS is holding you up!!  Just a FYI, TurboTax has to work with the IRS when programming software for new deductions.  TurboTax cannot correct this problem until the IRS has finalized the forms.  IRS has been busy with the Stimulus program and is now gearing up in the tax refund and processing area.  We do not have a date and are waiting also.  Once the forms have been finalized, TurboTax will upgrade software, after all, the systems must be able to communicate to translate the tax information received.  I do appreciate your patience!

jd5504
Returning Member

Filling out my taxes I owed 10,000 Federal When I got to Mortgage Interest I put the numbers in for 21,000 interest knowing only $10,000 was deductible. The federal amount owed was not reduced by entering the mortgage.

Joe 

[email address removed]

[phone number removed]

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

It depends. The $21K may not have an impact if you are unable to itemize deductions. Also is your mortgage loan balance more than $750K because if so, your mortgage interest may be limited. 

Go to federal>deductions and credits. Continue through the screens and when you get to a screen that looks like the screenshot below, see what type of deduction you are actually receiving.

Same boat.  3 live chats and still nowhere really close to a good solution

The workaround solution didn't work either.  Still getting the same error message.   What's the point of using TurboTax if there is no solution aside from "just print and mail" your file

cdew
Returning Member

Due to Turbo coding issues that create issues with multiple 1098s, the solution was to combine all 1098s into one with the a lender name of "MULTIPLE,"  and delete the other 1098s in the software.   Combine all of the interest paid and enter that into for the "MULTIPLE" 1098.  For the origination date and loan amounts in "MULTIPLE", enter whatever the latest 1098 was in 2020.  This worked on my end with the Turbotax CPA, who said this was how they used to do it before the software listed each individual 1098.  If you're ever audited, you can show the actual 1098s and how, altogether, got you to the "MULTIPLE" total.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies