amysea

No matter what I enter for car registration fees it isn't affecting my federal tax due

I saw the answer for the same question posted a year ago, which said it's because the standard deduction was used.  But in my case I know the itemized deduction was used.  If I change the charity donation amount, the tax due/refund is affected.  Why is that?

KrisD

If you are subject to the Alternative Minimum Tax (ATM) certain deductions will not be added, such as taxes paid, but some deductions are allowed, such as charitable contributions.  

KrisD