Anniemor

My return says I get the earned income credit but I don't have any minor children

Emily_P

You can still qualify for EIC if:

• You have income from earnings (for example, from a job, your own business, union strike benefits, certain long-term disability benefits).
  • You did not receive more than $3,400 in interest or dividends, or income from rentals, royalties or stock and other asset sales during 2016.
  • You are single or, if married, do not use the Married Filing Separate status.
  • You, your spouse and children, if applicable, all have Social Security numbers.
  • You and your spouse are not being considered as a child on someone else's tax return for purposes of the earned income credit.
  • You are not excluding any income you earned in a foreign country on your return.
  • You are a citizen or resident of the United States.
  • You have dependents.
  • You do not have a qualifying child, but you and your spouse are between 25 and 65, not the dependents of anyone else, and you have lived in the United States for more than half of the year.

More info below: 

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/tax-tips/Tax-Deductions-and-Credits/Earned-Income-Credit/INF12...

Emily_P

You can still qualify for EIC if:

• You have dependents.

More info below: