Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My interest earned is showing as double what I put in on the income section. I believe this happened when I did my final review and turbo asked me to enter int. again?

@kentaaa94 wrote:
Hello everyone! This is Alex from TurboTax Product Support and I have posted the resolution to this problem below!

1. Click on "Tax Tools" in the bottom left of your screen
2. Choose the "Tools" option.
3. The third entry should state "Delete a Form". Click on this option.
4. Scroll through all of your forms, looking particularly for any 1099-INT and 1099-DIV
5. Choose the "Delete" option next to each of your INT and DIVs
6. Once those are deleted, look for any entries that say "Schedule B" (There may be two, or more. This is what's causing your issue!)
7. Delete any and all "Schedule B"
8. Next, return to the "Federal" tab on your left menu
9. Make sure "Wages & Income" tab is chosen at the top
10. Next to the 1099-INT section, there should be a blue "Start" button
11. Click "Start" and proceed to re-enter your 1099-INT and any 1099-DIV
12. Select "Done" and on the Summary screen, check to make sure the total figure is correct

This fix may not work for everyone, but for this particular situation (where only one 1099-INT is entered, but the total amount shows double) I found this fix to work best! Good luck everyone, and Happy Taxing! 🙂

This problem (error) in TurboTax should not happen - and it's still happening in 2024, five years later after it was discovered back in 2019. 

For a TurboTax customer to have to go through the above convoluted 'fix' is crazy. It makes customers lose confidence in TurboTax. 

For the TurboTax 'experts' - Why is this problem still remaining a problem after all these years and not already fixed? 🙄  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies