melinda-benoitm

My husband is the only one on our mortgage. How can I change the forms to reflect this? I realize it’s probably because I have always listed me first on turbo tax but that’s how we have to

NCperson

if you are filing joint and you are concerned only your husband's name is on the mortgage form from the servicer you received, it doesn't matter that the names don't match.  Just key in the mortgage interest for your itemized deduction. 

DMarkM1

Assuming you are filing jointly, both yours and your spouses names and social security numbers are on the returns.  Any tax forms filed with the IRS with yours or your spouses social security numbers, like a mortgage form 1098, will be matched to your returns.   

melinda-benoitm

Thank you !

melinda-benoitm

Thank you!

DaveF1006

It doesn't matter whose name is on the mortgage. If you are filing jointly, you will still get the mortgage interest deduction regardless whose name is listed as the mortgage holder.