My husband is a volunteer fireman in the state of Connecticut, can I deduct the expenses or equipment he brought for this job? If yes, where do I do this?

Yes, you can deduct all of your out of pocket expenses as cash contributions as well as 14 cents per mile for travelling by auto in the service of your qualified volunteer organization.

To enter volunteer contributions:

• Type in charitable contributions. in the search box, top right of your screen, then click the magnifying glass

• Click the jump to charitable contributions link in the search results.

• Follow the prompts and onscreen instructions to enter

To benefit from the above, you must itemize your deductions. To itemize, you will need to upgrade to TurboTax Deluxe.

See https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2902084-is-volunteer-work-deductible