Solved: My family home was damaged during a flood in Louisiana in 2016. At the time my spouse and I were separated and now divorced, however the family home belongs to both of us. Can I claim thesis a deduction or credit in the Casualty or Theft Event section

davrecruit

My family home was damaged during a flood in Louisiana in 2016. At the time my spouse and I were separated and now divorced, however the family home belongs to both of us. Can I claim thesis a deduction or credit in the Casualty or Theft Event section

tygrtchr

If the home belonged to both of you, you are each entitled to claim HALF of the loss.

tygrtchr