Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Letter 6419 for husband and wife but we didn't receive any payments (that we know of)

Hi,

My husband and I received the Latter 6419 with an amount that says we received as a payment (each the same figure).  I don't recall any payment at all.

I just went through the steps myself to log in to the account portal and it shows $0 payment.  I can't do this for my husband yet as he is at work.

I tried calling but they said it's too busy and to try back later.

As per usual, I'm filing at the final hour.....  

I do have direct deposit set up for refunds - should I check there just to see if we did get the amount stated?

Thanks for any advice you have!

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

Letter 6419 for husband and wife but we didn't receive any payments (that we know of)

Update - I took my own advice and I do see some deposits in our account.  Do I total these up then and use that amount?  I think it's less than the total on both letters.

Thanks!

Look at your bank account in the months of July thru December 2021 to see if you have deposits listed as IRS TREAS 310 CHILDCTC

Thanks!

I do but just for July through Oct - $166/$167 each -- nothing for Nov or Dec.

Could be because I filed an extension like I always do and filed my real return in October, so based on this they stopped them? Would that make sense?

And if so, what is the appropriate number to include on the form?  The amount on each letter, or the amount actually paid to me?

Thank you!

Doubtful that the IRS would have processed your 2020 return you filed in October so that it would affect the child tax credit you were receiving.

Enter the total amount of the advance child tax credit you both actually received on your 2021 tax return in the Child Tax Credit section of the TurboTax program.

Thanks!  I will have my husband go through the account creation tonight to see what the IRS indicates online.. and then go from there....

Nothing like cutting it close to the deadline!  I shouldn't have ignored those letters when filing the extension :).

You can always file with the figures you have and if the IRS disagrees they will simply correct the return for you.  

Thank you! 

Mystery solved - it dawned on me that I may have changed my banking information with my actual filing in October, and sure enough I had changed it and the Nov/Dec payments were deposited in this account.

Thanks for all the help!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies