turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

trkinco

Where to put allowed job related legal expenses?? Page 5 of Publication 529 says these are an exception and they are deductible. How do I claim them??

My expenses were incurred to defend my self against complaints filed by my employer against my license as well as in keeping my job.  Publication 529 says these are deductible exceptions.  Where do I put them to get credit on my return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
KarenW
Intuit Alumni

Where to put allowed job related legal expenses?? Page 5 of Publication 529 says these are an exception and they are deductible. How do I claim them??

Legal expenses are deductible if you are resolving tax issues related to profit or loss from business on your Schedule C; or for rentals or royalties, Schedule E; or farm income and expenses on Schedule F.  Expenses for resolving non business tax issues are miscellaneous itemized deductions and are no longer deductible.

trkinco

2018 Publication 529 page 5...The paragraph above the one you quoted reads....You can deduct legal expenses that are related to doing or keeping your job, such as those you paid to defend yourself against criminal charges arising out of your trade or business.. (Cut and Pasted) Where do you put this in Turbo Tax???
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies