Keep getting an error for my CA review about - California interest and/or points cannot be greater than the total interest/points. Please modify your adjustment" Help!

alfred-a

During my review of CA return - I can't get passed this error and I need assistance because it's preventing me from eFiling.

The issue is something related to the Misc Itemized Deductions Statement on Part 1 of the form.

* Mortgage Interest Adjustment, Reported on Form 1098 (...line 8a, col C)

No matter what value we enter here 0, the difference between Mortgage Interest amounts in our Schedule E / Schedule A it doesn't take.  Looking at the community forums it seems other TT users are experiencing similar issues.

ee-ea