Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Our standard deduction was great than my Itemized Deductions, but I wanted to look at Schedule A. It would be nice if viewing the unused schedule was made easy.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
KrisD
Intuit Alumni

Our standard deduction was great than my Itemized Deductions, but I wanted to look at Schedule A. It would be nice if viewing the unused schedule was made easy.

Because you are using a Desktop program, you can change to Itemize, look at the Schedule A and change back to Standard

You can change to using Itemized by typing   standard deduction and exemptions   into the search box and change to itemize.

Switch to Forms Mode located on the top right of the screen

Scroll down to and click Schedule A on the forms list

TurboTax CD/Download instructions
  1. Open your return and click the Federal Taxes tab at the top.
    • Home & Business version: Click Personal.
  2. Now select Deductions & Credits from the row below the tabs.
  3. When asked how you want to enter your deductions and credits, select the button on the right, I'll choose what I work on.
  4. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the Your 2018 Deductions & Credits screen and click Done with Deductions.
  5. Continue through the interview until you see The Standard [or Itemized] Deduction is Right for You, pictured below.
  6. On that screen, check the box Change my deduction to see the dollar amount for each deduction.
  7. Click Continue if you want to keep any changes.

It seems a bit complicated.  I downloaded the full printed report as a PDF and found what I was looking for several pages down.  I have enough information to answer my questions.  
KrisD
Intuit Alumni

I'm glad you found it. When you click on Forms (on the top right of the screen) you can look at your forms without having to print the entire return. Thank you for using TurboTax.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies