amylonp2

It is saying i need to upgrade to delux due to having a foreign account. i do not have any foreign accounts

MichaelL1

Sign back into your TurboTax.

Go to "continue with my return"

Then go to Tab towards the top titled, "Federal Taxes"

Go to "Wages and Income"

Go through this section again and after the income TurboTax will ask about Foreign Bank Accounts.  A question may have been answered that you have a Foreign Bank Account and you will need to change that answer to, 'No" I don't have any Foreign Bank Accounts (if you do not have any Foreign Bank Accounts).

Then no upgrade is needed.  

msouvannaseng

its not giving me an option to click "no"
MichaelL1

Go to the bottom of the income section and say Done with income and the Foreign Bank questions should be there.
corinnesalas8

I selected no i dont have any foreign accounts because I don't and when I go to file it tells me all over again that i have a foreign account. Ive tried doing this at least 10 times and it will not change and it keeps trying to force me to upgrade. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

My son had the same problem. I went over to show him how to work around this issue but low and behold there is no way that I could find. TT wants everyone to have foreign holdings for some reason. I think its a scam to get folks to upgrade. I've been using TT for 20 years and this year is the worst I've seen. My son was using the free online version since his return is very simple. I use the Premier since I have stock sales but even Premier is very buggy this year. I had a terrible time trying to get mac install files for my other son. I spend 3 hours on the phone with TT before finally getting them to understand the issue. Maybe it's time to move to a different provider.