Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sleeg2019

Is there money i can get back for my p personal vehicle loss due to a tow??

Car was towed after i had a plan to get it moved, was at a salvage yard and i had no way to pay the bill or the total of it adding up till i could even come up with the money, was my only persoinal vehicle, i have two kids one with a very serious med condition and i had issues with medical too, also to add was homeless as well so was out for home and transportation and also all our belongings that we needed or have were inside. I had no choice either was a loss. So i couldnt pay to get it back and i had to pay to have a title transfer to give them the ownership as well even tho id never had done that if i had choice
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Sorry--- all of that is very unfortunate, but none of that is deductible on a tax return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

No.  You cannot claim a vehicle loss due to a tow as a deduction.  The only time a personal loss is deductible is if it is the result of a federally declared disaster areas and you are itemizing your return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies