turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tan61076

Where should I enter a foreign qualified dividend in 2018 TurboTax Premier?

This income is from a foreign corporation in which I have a small (less than 10%) ownership position.  A tax tax lawyer has advised that it should be treated as a qualified dividend.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anita01

If you don't wan to work directly in Forms mode, and assuming you paid no foreign tax on these dividends, just enter 1099-DIV in the Find box on the upper right of the screen, 

hit Enter

then the Jump To that appears.  

You'll enter it just as though you received a 1099-DIV.  The IRS doesn't care, we just show the form for your convenience.  Enter the amount in both 1a and 1b.  Qualified Dividends can only be a portion, up to 100%, of regular dividends, so you need both boxes.  Enter the Company name in Received From.  Enter the numbers in US dollars, of course, using the pay date to convert.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anita01

If you don't wan to work directly in Forms mode, and assuming you paid no foreign tax on these dividends, just enter 1099-DIV in the Find box on the upper right of the screen, 

hit Enter

then the Jump To that appears.  

You'll enter it just as though you received a 1099-DIV.  The IRS doesn't care, we just show the form for your convenience.  Enter the amount in both 1a and 1b.  Qualified Dividends can only be a portion, up to 100%, of regular dividends, so you need both boxes.  Enter the Company name in Received From.  Enter the numbers in US dollars, of course, using the pay date to convert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies