jg_broussard

If I paid property taxes then sold my house and got a refund for what was paid through escrow do I still enter that as property taxes on my tax return

Carl

No. The escrow funds refunded to you by the lender don't go anywhere on any tax return. Money in escrow is your money that you already paid taxes on. It remains your money until the lender uses it to pay a property related deductible expense with. The refund of that money in your escrow account to you, is not a property related deductible expense.

jg_broussard

What if this is shown on my 1098 as property taxes
Carl

Then they were not refunded to you. They were used to pay property taxes. If they were refunded to you, the only thing you would have gotten from the lender, would  have been a check.