smallz1985

If I paid for a prescription at the pharmacy with my hsa do i need to put it on the wages and income for hsa

PaulaM

No. If you used funds to pay for prescriptions, then you should be receiving a 1099-SA form. 

Form 1099-SA  is entered in order to calculate the deduction and complete Form 8889 properly. Form 1099-SA is issued when you have distributions from you HSA account. When you receive the form, enter into TurboTax:

• In your open return, select My Account
  • Select Tools
  • Select Topic Search
  • Type '1099-SA' in the box, then select GO

For HSA contributions: If you only made them through your employer, then entering your W-2 with its box 12 codes is all you need to do.

PaulaM

• Select Tools
  • Select Topic Search