If I own my home, lived in it the full year, am ov...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gisgfs67

If I own my home, lived in it the full year, am over 65, and my income is less than $61,000, why don’t I qualify for the Senior Circuit Breaker Credit?

4 Replies
SweetieJean
Level 15

If I own my home, lived in it the full year, am over 65, and my income is less than $61,000, why don’t I qualify for the Senior Circuit Breaker Credit?

Which state?

SweetieJean
Level 15

If Massachusetts:

• Your Massachusetts property tax payments, together with half of your water and sewer expense, must exceed 10% of your total Massachusetts income for the tax year.

However, you are not eligible if:

• You are married and your status is married filing separately.
  • You are a dependent of another taxpayer.
  • For tax year 2020, the assessed value of principal residence exceeds $848,000.

You may claim the value of your home together with up to one acre of land when determining eligibility for the credit.

mparechanian

i have same issue - it won't let me complete the senior breaker forms

SweetieJean
Level 15

@mparechanian  For Massachusetts, or for a different state?

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings