You may be able to claim the sales tax deduction for purchasing a new vehicle and paying the taxes on it. To enter the tax on your vehicle and other items follow the directions below.
To enter the sales tax deduction:
1. Go to the search bar in the top right and enter "Sales Tax Deduction"
2. Select "Jump to Sales Tax Deduction"
3. Select "Try Sales Tax Deduction Anyways"
4. When asked "How do you want to enter your sales tax info?", select "EasyGuide"
5. Enter your location info and answer the questions6. Enter your tax rate and continue (Select this link for your state sales tax rate)
7. When asked, "Did you buy any major items?", answer "Yes"
8. You will come to a page titled "Enter Major Purchases". Enter your vehicle here, or add anything else that you've paid sales tax on. Select the Type drop-down box for a list of options.