I would like to report a bug in Turbo-Tax software. For the past 2 years Turbo-Tax failed to calculate my tax underpayment penalty for my NY returns.

Ok ... the program calculates an ESTIMATED payment based on the info you entered in the program ... however the feds & states calculate the final penalty based on the information they have which is often different ... this is not a bug to be fixed ...

1.PNG2.PNG2Capture.PNG3.PNG

Underpayment and late payment penalties continue to accumulate until the day payment is physically received by the taxing authority assessing those penalties. There's no physical way possible the TurboTax program can know on what day that will be. So the best the program can do is an estimate. There's nothing broke, therefore there's nothing to fix.