I work for a home health agency. i use my honda fo...

I work for a home health agency. i use my honda for only work. i had over 40,000 miles and can not deduct anything? i also pay for all my gas and maintenance on the car?

Employee business expenses, including vehicle expenses, are not deductible on a federal tax return due to the tax code changes in effect for tax years 2018 thru 2025.

Even under the old rules, there was not much of a deduction for W-2 employees. You were allowed to deduct your mileage (53.5 cents for 2017) and other job expenses, subtracting what you were reimbursed. TurboTax completed form  2106, which  then carries to Misc itemized deductions on Schedule A. The problem with this is that you only get to deduct that portion of  your misc deductions that exceed 2% of your AGI. and then only if your total  itemized deductions exceed the standard deduction.  (2% rule explained: https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2902781-what-is-the-2-rule)

In addition, "commuting" miles were not deductible.  The trip from your home to your first client and the trip home from the last client of the day were not deductible.  Only the in between trips were deductible.