Solved: I was a medical student in 2013 (with loans) without income am I eligible for a tax refund if I never filed?

ekb10c

I was a medical student in 2013 (with loans) without income am I eligible for a tax refund if I never filed?

Single, no other assets.

Fern

The education credit you qualified for in 2015, if in medical school is the Lifetime Learning Credit. It is a non-refundable credit meaning it will offset taxes owed, but will not result in a refund if there are no taxes due.

If you have any income from 2013, you need to file a return if it is greater than the standard deduction and personal exemption. for that year.

Fern