I've made several donations to the same charity on different dates but I can't add a new date just edit the initial date. How do I create another donation?

I figured out my own answer.  Note that this is for item donations.  The answer by troupee I think is for money donations as item donations don't give an option for single or multiple donations.

On the Home screen click the year's donation tab you want to work on, for example "2018 Donations." If you have more items to add for a different date click "Edit" in the items box. That brings up your "2018 Item Donations." Don't hit the "Add" button in the list of donations (or donation since I/we couldn't add another date) where "Add, Edit, and Delete" are, but click "Add Item Donation" under the donation totals and you'll then be able to start a new date.

When you run into this in future, itemize your (dated) donations to each charity in TurboTax (not It's Deductible). TT allows you to do exactly what you're talking about and it uses the It's Deductible values, so you don't lose any ground.

Let's see if I can figure out what to do next!

Where it asks if this is a one time or multiple donations, pick Multiple and use "Various" for the dates. We give monthly.

Thanks, but I think this only works for cash donations not item donations.  I figured it out.  Just had to learn the software a bit more.

I found this very sticky on the software as well. Sometimes if I go back to correct the date it only takes some items and splits up the original donation (if that makes sense). It'll delete some of the donation. If you change the date, make sure the original items are still included.

Bail out of It's Deductible and itemize your donations to your charities in TurboTax. It accepts donations to the same charity on different dates (like you want to do), and it uses values from It's Deductible so you don't lose anything when valuing your items.

Bill in NC, I have a couple of follow-up questions since I've never used the online version of TT:  
1) Can I start entering a new return during the same tax year, JUST for the deductions?
2) If so, can I then In January transfer everything to the desktop version for my actual return preparation?

Dunno about the online world. I'm strictly a desktop guy. In my world, I can start as many returns as I wish. Having said that, your plan seems reasonable to me.