sylvia-schwartz

I use Zipcar and rideshare for independent contractor transportation local to where I live. How can I enter these expenses to get a deduction?

It looks like there's a place to enter rideshare expenses under Business Travel; is this where I should enter rideshare expenses for regional transportation in my home area?

PaulaM

I'm not certain I understand your question completely.

If you use rideshareing services for your business locally, then enter the costs as Other Miscellaneous Expenses.

The business travel section would be for expenses incurred while out of town for business. 

PaulaM