jslu1217

I use my office in my home daily for work. Schedule patients, answer emails, documentation. Can I use anything for deductions for using home office on taxes?

I am a traveling Physical Therapist.  When i am done seeing my patients for the day I come home and use my office for documentation, answering emails, scheduling for the next day.  I was wondering if I could deduct anything for using home in the taxes? 

MichaelDC

Yes, you can use your home office as a deduction on your taxes. The rules are little long but not complicated. As a traveling PT, you may not have an office provided by your employer. This is necessary for you to claim your home office.

If you have any other details regarding this question, please feel free to post them in the comment section.