Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

amimaki
Returning Member

I am self employed and deduct my medical premiums in my business which is accounted for in my K-1. How do I prevent from duplicating medical expenses twice?

What do I have to do within Turbotax to prevent from deducting them as an itemized deduction since I've already deducted them under the business?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Anita01

I am self employed and deduct my medical premiums in my business which is accounted for in my K-1. How do I prevent from duplicating medical expenses twice?

Just don't enter them under itemized deductions.  

amimaki
Returning Member

I understand not to enter to itemize the medical premiums as a deduction.  Using Turbotax, I entered medical premium data from Form 1095-A but these premiums have already been deducted and factored into the K-1.  Thus, the deduction is taking place twice.  How do I suppress the one taken as a medical deduction since K-1s have already been filed?
Anita01

You would go back through medical expenses by typing the words medical expenses in the Find window on the upper right, then hit enter, and then the Jump To.  go through the interview until you come to insurance premiums and delete them there.  Don't change to zero, delete the amount.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies