turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I thought I had finished my tax returns , BUT , Turbo tax keeps bouncing back to 1099-R.

Where do I put in the information for a Merrill Lynch account that I have closed in 2019

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
HelenC12
Expert Alumni

I thought I had finished my tax returns , BUT , Turbo tax keeps bouncing back to 1099-R.

If you "closed" your Merrill Lynch retirement account in 2019, you may have received a 1099-R form that has the amount withdrawn or paid to you.

You'll get a 1099-R if you received $10 or more from a retirement plan. Here's how to enter your 1099-R in TurboTax:

1. Open (continue) return if you don't already have it open.
  2. Inside TurboTax, search for 1099-R and select the Jump to link in the search results.
  3. Answer Yes on the Your 1099-R screen, then select Continue.
    • If you land on the Your 1099-R Entries screen instead, select Add Another 1099-R.
  4. Select how you want to enter your 1099-R (import or type it in yourself) and then follow the instructions. You can add up to 20 1099-Rs.

If you need to delete your 1099-R form, the easiest way to delete an unwanted or duplicate 1099-R is from the Your 1099-R Entries screen.

1. Open (continue) your return if you don't already have it open.
  2. Inside TurboTax, search for 1099-R and select the Jump to link in the search results.
  3. This will take you to the Your 1099-R Entries screen.
  4. Select Delete next to the unwanted 1099-R and then answer Yes on the following screen.

Source: TurboTax FAQ

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
chilojr

Before I finished my taxes your site saide I was not able yo use E-file then when I fished You stated congratulations we have sent your taxes? So do I send a copy by mail or not? 

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

I would suggest you double-check your status by clicking this link:  https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/ 

If your return wasn't found, that means you did not file.  If you are ready to file, sign back into your online account, select Pick up where you left off, to your left, select File and repeat steps 1-3 to re-file.   

@chilojr

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies