Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I signed in my acct. and realized that I was in the Canada system. I'm a US citizen. Is Turbo Tax mixing up US and Can filings and is that why my return/stimulus is late?

I only realized this because my filing appeared to be gone. Then I started another return just to verify what was happening. Sure enough, I was in the Canada system. The next time I signed in I was back in the US system and my filing was there. But, now I'm getting email from Turbo Tax Canada urging me to finish my return. I'm in the US and I am a US citizen. Very strange and very concerning!
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I signed in my acct. and realized that I was in the Canada system. I'm a US citizen. Is Turbo Tax mixing up US and Can filings and is that why my return/stimulus is late?

This error was on your end ... you accidentally logged into the wrong system from the wrong landing page.  Just ignore the emails from the Canadian platform asking you to finish filing.  Seems like you figured out what went wrong and fixed it ... always look in the upper corner ... if you see the red maple leaf you are not in the US system ... delete your cookies to avoid this in the future.

1....jpg

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies