Solved: I received a check for unclaimed property from the state of Nebraska. there wasn't any forms like the 1099 with it , so is it considered taxable income?

mofomo79

I received a check for unclaimed property from the state of Nebraska. there wasn't any forms like the 1099 with it , so is it considered taxable income?

SeanE1

No, unclaimed property is not taxable.  However, any interest that had accrued would be taxable and the state issuing the unclaimed property.  For example, if you had a 500.00 life insurance policy that was unclaimed and interest had accrued on the policy of $23, you would owe taxes on the $23 in interest.

SeanE1