Solved: I put my property tax under the real estate tax section of the1040 does it also go under property tax (Schedule A) or should that one be left blank?

I put my property tax under the real estate tax section of the1040 does it also go under property tax (Schedule A) or should that one be left blank?

This is the taxes paid to the county along with my mortgage.  Looks like last year I only put in real estate tax section Was That Correct?

Glad you caught that. Not many do. In the 'Your Home' Section under the Deductions & Credits tab the program asks you to enter property taxes twice. don't do it. Only enter them once. Which place you enter it doesn't matter. But leave the other one blank. Otherwise, your property tax deduction will be doubled, which of course would be incorrect.