jonescsp

I put in a farm irrigation system on my farm property. Is that considered an improvement to a building, or do I depreciate that somewhere else.

I put in a pressurized irrigation system in the ground on my farm property for use with a sideroll irrigation system for hay.  I plan to enter the sideroll as equipment purchased, but would the irrigation system underground be considered an improvement that can be depreciated?  

kerriP

The irrigation system is considered an improvement to land and for farmers, it has a depreciable life of 15 years.  For more information:  see IRS PUB 946 on depreciation, see table B-1.

Depreciation

kerriP

Depreciation