Solved: I purchased a home in 2016 that has geothermal energy, is there a tax credit for this?

I purchased a home in 2016 that has geothermal energy, is there a tax credit for this?

Yes, there is. 

Look at the instructions under Residential Energy Efficient Property Credit (Part I) on Form 5695

To claim this credit in Turbo Tax, go to Deductions & Credits>Your Home>Home Energy Credits. 

Answer the questions.  When you get to Enter Any Additional Energy-Efficient Improvements, it will ask you about your Geothermal improvements. 

Form 5695 will be filed with your return. 

Yes, there is.