Solved: I pay a friend to watch my child at her home. Am I eligible to use the child care credit even if its not a business and she doesn't claim it as income?

I pay a friend to watch my child at her home. Am I eligible to use the child care credit even if its not a business and she doesn't claim it as income?

You are entitled to take the credit because you paid someone to care for your child while you worked. She is required to claim the income. You will need to include the name, address and social security number of your day care provider. So, you will have to have a talk with her if you want to claim the credit.

And what she claims on her own tax return is her responsibility, not yours.
**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.**

thank you

my pleasure