Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

fungj12

I paid mortgage insurance last year (shown on annual statement), however my 1098 shows nothing in box 5 under "Mortgage Insurance Premiums." Do I enter paid amount or no?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I paid mortgage insurance last year (shown on annual statement), however my 1098 shows nothing in box 5 under "Mortgage Insurance Premiums." Do I enter paid amount or no?

If you paid mortgage insurance (which is different than insurance on the home itself) you should enter it on the tax return, regardless of it being on the 1098.

You just need to have proof of the payments (your statements) should you ever be asked by IRS.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If you paid mortgage insurance (which is different than insurance on the home itself) you should enter it on the tax return, regardless of it being on the 1098.

You just need to have proof of the payments (your statements) should you ever be asked by IRS.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies